Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One small change

A couple of blogs I follow from friends and fellow UUs have directed me to attempt One Small Change This is coming at a perfect time. I started a spiral notebook on New Year's Eve with crazy and not so crazy ideas of what I want and wish for in 2010. I am in the midst of a new month, new year, new decade-both globally and personally as I just turned 40, and love the idea of newness and change and being a better person. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do. I think I want to tackle two small changes in once. First is to always bring a bag to the grocery store, yarn store, thrift store, etc. This will be both easy and a challenge. I love going thrifting as I love trying to find something used and give it more life rather than buying new. But I don't bring bags to Goodwill. Now I need to try to find a way to bring a bag or just carry stuff out without bags. The second change is to always bring a travel cup when buying coffee or tea at a local coffee shop. Today I have my new travel mug and am using it while working on my writing. Let's hope I can keep this up for another month. Plus get my hubby on board! I wish me and all those wishing to make one small change lots of luck! Check in a month to see how it went!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining us! I have found that keeping small zip up bags or bags that fold up really small in my purse helps for these small shopping trips. I usually only remember to bring my bags into the store on large grocery shopping trips, so having a few small bags in my purse is key for thrift shop, yarn store, etc. trips.
    Good luck!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I need to learn to sew with zippers and create some bags that I can have for just such trips! I am excited to be part of something so great! Especially when we involve our family as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you want to join the "reduce clutter; create space" challenge. It's a wonderful feeling knowing we don't have to go through it alone! :)

    ReplyDelete